Arlo Camera Setup Explanation
The idea of a security camera that is utterly wireless in each approach Arlo camera is one to consider. One thing that separates the Arlo cameras from other Wi-Fi cameras is that battery- powered. In a sense, you don’t need to plug it into an outlet to stream and record video. On the other hand, some Wi-Fi cams need to be connected to some kind of power source. Even though they connected via Wi-Fi to transmit the data.
Arlo cameras also use their central hub called a base station. In which all of your Arlo cameras connect. Arlo cameras use Z-wave to communicate wirelessly, rather than Wi-Fi like most other consumer-based security cameras. Arlo cameras got to communicate with the base station that successively communicates along with your home’s Wi-Fi network.
Download And Started The Arlo App to Arlo camera setup
The Arlo setup process is pretty painless and only takes about 10 minutes. Here the steps for downloading and set up the Arlo app:
- Download the Arlo app to your Smartphone. It is a free app that’s available for iPhone and Android devices.
- Next, open the app and tap on the “new Arlo “button.
- On the next screen, choose that Arlo product you’re setting up. In this case, it’s the Arlo wire-free.
- Connect Your Base Station to the Internet. The Arlo app tells you to install the Arlo Base Station hub. The base station connects to your home network and permits you to look at your camera streams from anyplace.
Connect Your Base Station To The Internet
- Connect the base station to your router using a victimization associate Ethernet cable.
- Attach the AC adapter to the base station.
- Plug the AC adapter into the associate electric outlet.
- If your base station includes an On-Off button on the back, press the button.
The power led, and the internet led light green in about two minutes. Your base station is set up.
Arlo Base Station LEDs
See the following list of explanations for inexperienced, amber, and blinking LEDs:
|Green||The base station is powered on.||The base station is connected to the Internet||Cameras are connected to the base station|
|Blinking green||A firmware update is in progress. Do not shut down the base station or cameras||The base station is sending data over the Internet.||The base station is attempting to sync with a camera.|
|Amber||The base station is booting||The base station is connected to the router but did not get an Internet connection||A camera is too far from the base station. Signal strength is weak|
|Off||The base station is powered off.||The base station is not connected to your router||No cameras are detected.|
Arlo Camera Setup from Online Account Get An Arlo Account To Setup
- Tap to the Arlo icon on your mobile device. If you’re using a computer, enter arlo.netgear.com in the address bar of a browser. If you are using a mobile device that supports a Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor. If you are promoted to enable touch ID or skip.
- If use touch Id, tap enable touch id. If you tap, skip you can turn the Arlo app fingerprint Id login later.
- Click or tap New to Arlo.
- Select Arlo wire-free. The app discovers your device.
- Choose your base station’s serial number from the menu
- Complete the required fields for the account setup.
- Tap or click continue.
- Select a subscription plan.
Insert Batteries Into Your Cameras
We suggest that you just use the batteries provided by NETGEAR, or high-quality batteries from different established, well-known makers like Panasonic,
Steps to insert batteries into your cameras:
- Slide and hold the latch on the bottom of the camera.
- Slide the battery door back and raise it to open the battery compartment.
- Put two batteries near the back of the camera. Pay careful attention to the orientation of the batteries when you insert them.
- Insert two batteries near the compartment hinge. Pay careful attention to the orientation of the batteries when you insert them
- Close the battery door
Sync Your Cameras With The Base Station
- Set the camera inside one to three feet (30 to one hundred centimeters) of the base station
- Tap the Sync button on the base station for about two seconds and then release the button.
- Waiting for the sync status LED on the base station to light green.
- Tap the Sync button on top of the camera for about two seconds and then release the button. A blue color LED on the camera blinks slowly when the sync process starts. The blue color LED blinks rapidly to confirm sync. When the camera syncs, the power LED on the base station might start blinking. This indicates that the camera’s firmware is updating.
- Repeat for each camera.
Arlo Camera LED
The LED light of the camera is on if the camera is powered on. The LED light changes their color and blinks depending on the battery charge and to indicate the status of activities such as syncing the camera and updating the camera firmware.
When you sync a camera to the base station after you might start the firmware update. The led on the camera blinks alternating blue and amber, if a firmware update is in progress.
Note- Do not open the battery door while an Arlo camera is updating and installing the firmware.
The camera syncs to the base station again, and the led blinks blue rapidly after the camera firmware update completes.
Place Or Mount Your Cameras
You can set your camera on a shelf or a different flat surface. Otherwise, you will mount it on the wall.
Note: With the help of the Arlo app in which set Position mode to help aim the camera.
- If you want to mount your camera on the wall mounting screw into the wall And hang the magnetic mount from the screw.
- When you are mounting the camera on drywall, be sure to use the plastic drywall anchors that are provided.
Choose A Good Spot For Your Camera
Place your Arlo camera in a location with a clear, unblocked field of view and with a good Wi-Fi signal to the base station.
It’s important to keep distance in mind when placing your Arlo cameras:
Minimum – Place your Arlo cameras at 10 feet away from the base station. And allow at least 2 meters between the camera. Follow the instructions to prevent Wi-Fi signals between the devices from interfering with each other.
Maximum- Place your camera a maximum of 90 meters from the base station. The maximum line of sight varies of three hundred feet is reduced by every wall, ceiling, or the opposite significant obstruction between the camera and base station. The following material reduces signal strength the most:-
- Glass especially mirrors
- Unusually thick walls and ceilings
Optimize Your Camera Position For View
The Arlo camera has a 110-degree rotation field of view. In the following images, the green areas show your camera’s field of view, both horizontally and vertically. When positioning your Arlo camera, keep the following pointers in mind:-
Active locations in the camera’s field of view – Arlo camera provides a 110-degree viewing angle. So keep your camera to the active locations in the camera’s field of 0f view.
The aim with the cloud- The uses of Arlo’s position mode to send video to the cloud as quickly as possible. Arlo allows you to aim the camera while watching the video feed on Arlo on your Smartphone app. The Arlo app makes near time adjustments to the camera’s position. If you want to set the position of your camera, go to the settings page and turn on position mode. When the camera is in place, you can turn off position mode or wait for it to turn off after five minutes automatically.
Elevate your camera- Mount your Arlo motion detection camera a minimum of seven feet (2 meters) higher than the ground or the bottom and aim it slightly downward for the simplest sensing element performance.
Arlo’s field of view Side-to-side traffic crosses- Arlo’s motion sensor is much more sensitive to side-to-side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. The best area for movement detection is 5 to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position.
You can use the Movement Detection Test to verify if the movement can be detected in a camera’s current placement. The camera’s LED blinks amber when movement is detected. Go to your camera’s Settings page to turn on the Movement Detection Test.
In the Arlo camera, position mode is available only when the camera is not streaming, recording motion, or in a motion detection mode. Here the following steps to place your camera in position mode:-
- Tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device. In computer arlo.netgera.com in the address bar of a browser. In a mobile device that supports a touch id fingerprint identity sensor, you are prompted to enable touch id or skip.
- In settings, tap to gear icon for the camera feed on your mobile device.
- Click or tap to positions mode
- Adjust the camera position as needed
- When you selected the disarmed mode for the camera, and now you want the camera to detect motion again, tap mode, and select the desired mode.